Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pigeon or Statue?

"In life you just have to accept that sometimes you are the pigeon and sometimes you are the statue."


As you may or may not know, I work with Ebenezer Estate Sales (shameless plug= ebenezerestatesales.com) as often as I possibly can. Well we had a sale yesterday and I walked into the bathroom and there was this plaque with the forementioned quote on it. I was inspired.

Most statues are adored and loved by the people they mean something to. They all have their very own eccentric beauty to them, even if it is an ugly statue of a gargoyle or some other hideous creature.

Whether it's your car or the Statue of Liberty, pigeons do not care what they do their business on. It doesn't affect them one way or another.

Does a bit of pigeon fecies mean the Statue of Liberty no longer represents the Freedom we fought so hard for as a nation.

My point is, even if you have had a rough time and you're not as good as you want to be, God created you and He loves you because of what you represent and not what you look like on the exterior. He doesn't care if this world has tarnished your appearance. In His eyes, you are still a representation of His love for all people. You are the light in the darkness if you're washed in the blood. What He thinks of you should be your only worry.

That's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment